Monday, August 3, 2009

Cadan is about to start Kindergarten

We are getting ready this week. Today we had his 5 year check up. He is 48 pounds and 46 inches tall! He is over the 90th percentile on both metrics! He has weighed basically the same since he was 3 years old, he has just much taller and skinnier.

Tomorrow we will spend our last family day of the year. I plan on just hanging out at home with the boys and doing fun stuff.

Wednesday is the BIG day! We will get him registered and enrolled. Hopefully we will meet his teacher.

Cadan seems to be really looking forward to returning to school. Me, not so much. He is just growing up too fast!

I can remember walking him around the kitchen when he was just a tiny little thing, telling him about the adventures that we would take. I remember how sweet it was to just be in his presence. I would lay him beside me on the couch, when I just wanted to hold him, because I had been warned of spoiling him. I so clearly remember those first little steps across our living room floor. Back then, I couldn't wait for the next milestone. Now, I dread reaching the next.

Watching them grow up is so hard to do. Loving them is so easy.

No comments: