Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Breaking Point

Breaking point... That is where I feel like I am today.

The culmination of the events of the past 2 months is really starting to wear on me. I am close to a total breakdown. I know that I have to find a way to hold it together, for myself, for Steve, for the kids, for the baby I am still carrying.

I had an OB checkup on Friday, I am now 32 weeks along. I have gained a slight amount, 3 pounds, over the past 2 weeks. This is a milestone for me, as I have not yet been able to make any weight gains this pregnancy. I told my OB about the contractions I had earlier in the week. He decided to do a fetal fibronectin test (fFN) to try to predict pre-term labor. Unfortunately, we received a positive result on Saturday. I was given steroid injections Saturday and Sunday to help that baby's lungs develop, in case he does arrive early. Now I am on "modified bed rest."

I am so worried about this little baby that has had to endure so much stress in my womb. I wonder just how this will effect him. I hope and pray that he does not suffer for the trauma of the last two months.

No comments: