Tuesday, July 22, 2008

The small things that make me happy

I was just sitting on the porch, listening to the thunder coming closer and closer. I love the smell of a coming rain. I love the way the air feels just a bit heavy. I love those first precious raindrops.

You know, every day I appreciate things that are new. Today, as Steve was hanging his laundry in his closet, I saw a glimpse of the old Steve. He is still just the same, the same man I have loved for years, for what seems like all my life. He is still as handsome as ever, even if his smile only works on one side of his face. I remember the scary days that I didn't think that I would ever see that smile again. I am grateful to see it at all.

And then there are my boys.... My joy. My loves. My Cars has the biggest smile you have ever seen, and eyes that sparkle like no others. My Connor... he talks more every day. I love his little voice, and all his questions. And my Cadan, or Cadybug as well call him most of the time. He is such a brave, sweet little soul. He is growing up way too fast.

No comments: