Saturday, November 21, 2015

November 2015 Update...

Sigh...

So, I am a bad, bad blogger.  An especially terrible Mommy Blogger.  No posts since January, 10 months ago.  It's not that I haven't had anything to say, it's just...

No idea, no excuse.  Just none.

I spent the evening redesigning my blog.  A whole new look will hopefully motivate me to update much, much more often.  These boys and this life is just too wonderful not to blog about.

So, now for the real updates...

Cadan... now 11 1/2 years old.  He is so very smart and tall and handsome.  He has huge feet, huge skinny feet, I think he got those from my Mamal.  He has my curly hair, and close to my hair color, he looks a lot like my side of the family.



Cadan is playing basketball and soccer right now, he excels at both sports.  He is a very good athlete, tall and thin,  he looks like he was build for both basketball and soccer.  On the soccer field, he's aggressive and has a whole lot of natural talent.  It's the same on the basketball court.  He really seems to enjoy both sports.

Despite his natural athletic abilities, not all sports come easy for Cadan.  He played his first season of baseball this past Spring and bless his heart...  baseball, it was difficult for him.  He was amazingly patient, though, and determined, he never missed a practice or a game, and in fact, he was early to practice and even stayed late to practice hitting with his Dad.  My boy was such a good sport, he could not have made me more proud if he had hit a home run every single game.  It was so hard to watch him go up to bat time and time again, and either strike out or be walked, I would tear up at times and be grateful for my sunglasses.  He just kept on trying though, and never complained a bit.   He certainly taught me something about teamwork and determination, and so did all the other 10 and 11 year old boys on his team.  They were so kind and patient with Cadan...  they included him in everything.  They cheered him on each time at bat and high fived him even when he struck out.  It was really amazing to watch.

Connor...he is now 9 1/2 years old, and just the most intelligent child I have ever met.  Seriously, this kid...  his IQ was tested last year, in third grade, at 8 years old...  and he scored 130.  I think that's pretty impressive.  He loves school, he loves computers, he is a natural at math and spelling and, well, almost anything he wants to learn to do.  Connor also loves church, he participates every Sunday that he attends, helping his Pop Pop lead the singing, and even writing some songs with his cousin, Noah.



Connor's passion, though, is soccer.  He is really amazing at soccer.  He plays offense and defense and goalie, and is good at all positions.  Last weekend, he tried out for a travel team, and of course, he made the team.  I am so proud of him and look forward to watching him play with a more advanced group of players.

Con Con, as I have always called him, looks much more like his Dad's side of the family, and in all honesty, he is probably the one of the boys' that is closest to his Dad.  From what I understand from his Dad's family, Connor strongly resembles Chad, who is his Dad's brother who passed away several years ago, I never met him, but I agree about the resemblance from the few pictures I have seen.  The only trait I can attribute to my side of the family are his beautiful blue eyes...  they are like my Dad's.  It's funny, the other three boys have their Dad's brown eyes, and then Connor has those blue eyes.


Carson... my love bug...  he's 8 1/2 years old now.  He is Mommy's Boy.  He is so smart, everything academically comes very easy to him, and very sweet and sensitive, he is definitely the most like me in every way.  He has my cheeks and, if he would let it grow out long enough you could see that he also has my hair,  He loves completely and thoroughly.  He is a joy to be around, as they all are, but this age and this boy!




Silly boy!  Ok, I must add a not-so-silly picture, too.



Yes, he plays soccer, too, and basketball.  He is not quite as naturally athletic as his brothers, but he gives 100% when he plays.  He has too much of his Mommy in him to be too athletic.

This boy, though...  so smart with the electronics.  He loves Minecraft.  Loves to watch YouTube.  Well, Carson loves everything, that's just the kind of kid he is, and he is such a joy.

Corbin... G...my baby boy is now 7 years old.  I can't believe it.  I really can't.  It seems like just yesterday I was anxiously awaiting his arrival.  He is a spitfire, for sure.  Can't you tell?!?!



Corbin is my baseball boy... he is a maniac on the field.  At bat, he swings so hard, it's really amazing.  This year he played Spring baseball, then on a travel team all summer, and fall baseball, and now he is training for travel ball starting next Spring.  He is dedicated and amazing.  Baseball has really helped this guy to grow.

I can really tell how baseball has helped him to mature when it comes to school.  He is doing so well.  Now, Corbin has to work for it more than the other boys do, for sure, and he certainly resists at times, but he puts in the work and it is paying off for him.  I am so very proud of my baby boy,

And to introduce our newest family member,,,,

A Girl????

Meet Piper....



She is a best friend to us all.  She gives cuddles and licks and jumps and plays and is just so much fun.  She will be 4 months old next week.  She is half Yorkie and half Jack Russell and is weighing in at about 11 pounds already.  I really didn't think that she would ever get this big, but I was very wrong.  She is a very welcome addition to our little family.

As for me and Kev, we are great.  Life couldn't be much better, actually, and it has been a while since I was able to say that.


No comments: